Sunday, March 25, 2007

for the love of all that is holy!

After having a fabulous day yesterday my wife decides to start this conversation:

Wife: how much do you know about loans?
Me: A bit, why?
wife: Can someone use thier car to secure a loan?
Me: I guess it depends on the bank. If you own the car outright. Why are your parents thinking of getting a loan?
Wife: No, my mom asked me to take out a loan for her.


ummmm ... WHAT THE FUCK?! Granted, we're not poor, but we're not exactly swimming in the money!!! Not to mention that my wife's credit is FINALLY getting back to a semi-normal level after paying off her credit cards for the past 10 years!!! There is absolutely NO way that we're taking out a loan for her parents!! We barely have the money to cover our monthly bills. Not to mention that the entire reason that we're trying to pay off her credit cards is so we can refinance the house!!!

Long story short - my brother in law's (the one I actually liked) fiancee's mother co-signed a loan for him to get a car. He defaulted, car got repossessed. Now she's trying to refi her house and there is a problem w/ the bank b/c they can't find any record of the repossession which is a bunch of bullshit and they're trying to screw her. Now, my brother in law died almost 2 years ago and my MIL said she was going to pay her back for the loan with his life insurance money. Apparently she didn't do that so now she wants us to take out a loan to take care of all this bullshit. My wife feels bad for her mother because she has to deal with all these issues. I understand feeling bad, but we can't afford to help her!!!!!!!

My wife is such a pussy. She lets her mother influence her life WAAAAAY too much. She depends on her mother and has to ask her opinion for EVERYTHING. She needs to fucking stand up to her mother for once instead of allowing her to guilt her into doing something else!! I'm sick of dealing with all this bullshit because of it! Grow some balls, damn it!

No comments: