Thursday, March 1, 2007

Feeling a bit ... upset

So yesterday I left work early to accompany my wife to her doctor's appointment. Appointment went ok so we leave and she has to stop by her brother's work to get some money from him for the cell phone bill. The cell phone bill that we added him to because he doesn't have the credit to have a phone in his own name. Apparently a HUGE fight starts between the two of them which involves them screaming at each other outside of his workplace. I wasn't present, but the fight was essentially about me. Her brother doesn't like me and he doesnt like the fact that my wife refuses to listen to him bitch and complain about his daughter's mother. She has repeatedly told him that it has nothing to do with her and she doesn't want to hear about it. I have no idea what his problem is with me nor do I give a rats ass. He pissed her off so much that she's done with him. She's canceling his cell phone and basically disowning him because he essentially wants her to chose him over me and she won't do that.

I've never been very close to my in-laws because I never felt like part of the family. I know that has a lot to do with the fact that I'm married to their daughter which obviously comes with some issues from her mother. My MIL always dreamed of her daughter being the ultimate girl - prom, wedding, husband, kids, etc. When my wife came out to her her senior year her mother didn't react very well. I am not her first girlfriend by any means, but she is/was mine. Her mother has never really "approved" of our relationship for that reason. She was afraid that I would hurt her and I can completely understand that, but that was over seven years ago. I also had a child from my previous relationship.

Since we've been together my wife has always treated my daughter as her own. Her family has treated our daughter as their own as well. My wife legally adopted our daughter last year after we got married to make sure that if anything were to happen to me our family could stay together. Then, my BIL got his screw friend (aka psycho bitch) pregnant. Now, keep in mind that up until she got pregnant NONE of the family knew who she was. Once their child was born our daughter got pushed out of the picture. I understand that their child is actually biologically their grandchild and our daughter is not, but I didn't think that would have much barring on their relationship with our daughter as my FIL is not my BIL's biological father. It was much like our situation. My MIL was previously married and had a child when she met/married my FIL. I was wrong. Whenver my in-laws are here they are up their grandchild's ass. They are constantly taking her for the day/overnight. My daughter noticed this and was upset as she considers them her grandparents and has for the last seven years.

Since my BIL decided that he hates me I've been treated even less like family and more like a stranger. However, they treat his daughter's mother like family. My MIL is constantly calling her and talking to her and telling her that she is part of the family. This same girl who had their son arrested. The same girl who had a restraining order against him claiming that he beat her. The same girl who, for MONTHS, wouldn't allow him or his family to see their daughter. Now, my MIL doesn't talk to me. I used to get e-mails from her just chatting or stupid forwards, but not anymore. For christ sake I'm MARRIED to their daughter. I'm not going anywhere.

I'm really pissed off and hurt by the way that I'm being treated and I didn't even do anything to deserve it!!! I did nothing wrong and I'm the one being blackballed by the family. Now, I have no desire to be around her family. I don't want to go see them for her mother's birthday because he's going to be there with her and their daughter. I'm just supposed to smile and act like everything is ok?

Ummm .. NOPE that's not me and I refuse to pretend.

No comments: