Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Convenience: the 'other' C-word...

Convenience, we all love it don't we?
When we're shopping,
when we're cooking,
when we're doing anything that would have otherwise been a big fat PITA!
(pain in the ass)
Convenience does come in handy doesn't it?

Want to know
one thing
that convenience should
never
be associated with?

Friendship!

Don't be a friend of convenience,
don't call only when YOU want to talk but never listen,
or bitch that this same friend is calling you once a day just to say hi.

YOU SHOULD BE SO LUCKY THAT SOMEONE IS THINKING ABOUT YOU, RIGHT?

One would think...

...the reality is that I'm starting to rethink this 'friendship' of ours.
Sure we've known each other forever...
sure you know me better than anyone else does...
sure there are parts of me that you hold dear & vice versa
but truly
you are ONLY that 'wonderful sweet' friend
when IT SUITS YOU!

Always an agenda,
even though you don't realize it.

Not every day
&
unconditionally
as friendship SHOULD be.
Not with you...
not at all.

If you stand to gain something from it,
then sure you're 'that friend'...

...otherwise, you're just that guy
who lives on that street
in that yellow house with the red shutters.

I am seriously tired of being the 'unconditional' friend
to a friend whose
friendship comes with a boatload of
'CONDITIONS' attached.

It ends tonight.

No more calls.
No more going out of my way.
No more being sweet just because I love you.

No
more
one
way
street
friendship,
period.

I'm done.

1 comment:

LezBeBarefoot said...

I hate that shit! If you're going to be my friend - be there all the time not just when it's convenient for you.

It's ok la la girl I still love you :)