Thursday, January 11, 2007

Is it just me??

Ok so I joined Weight Watchers the last week of December and so far I've lost 3.8 pounds and go for my second weigh in tonight. Over the weekend our friends, our best friends we'll call them Jane and Joe, came over to hang out. They both know that I've joined WW and that my wife has changed her eating habits in order to lose weight (she's lost 8 pounds!). So, we're all going to the Christmas Tree Shop last weekend and they decide the want to stop @ McDonald's on the way there. UGH! Ok, so I like chicken nuggets just as much as the next person, but I can't eat them. Well, I could, but it's just not worth it to me and I avoid the temptation. I did well, I didn't order anything, but I had to sit in the car while they were all eating McDonald's and I could just SMELL it and it was driving me nuts! No big deal, I'm always going to have temptations right?

So, the next day they are coming over again and spending the day at our house which is fine. So they come over and I make lunch and dinner for them. It's about 9:30 and they, again, decide that they want McDonald's. So this time I cave and eat their french fries which is no big deal cause I have the flex points to cover it. Now, the point of this story is this - Jane is constantly complaining about her weight. They spent the entire day at our house and I saw what she ate. Over the course of one day she had 3 donuts, 2 hotdogs, chips, tacos for dinner and she'd had snacks after that too. For snacks she had 2 granola bars, ice cream, and some cookies. At dinner she "only" had 2 tacos. About 9:30 when we went to McDonald's she ordered and ate a 20 piece nugget, double cheeseburger, and 2 large fries!!!

She's also a smoker and trying to get pregnant. She has some reproductive issues that she's been dealing with for years and she's had no luck thus far and I've told her that women who are overweight tend to have a harder time getting pregnant. I wasn't saying it to be a bitch, but as a friend who is trying to give some additional options for them to become pregnant. I just don't understand why someone who is SOOOOOOOO unhappy with their weight would eat like this! They say at WW that once you start the program you start to notice what others are eating and are in amazement. I've been amazed at what she eats before starting WW and now I'm just in awe. I can't imagine eating that much food!! Just in the weekend we hung out they had McDonald's twice which we all know is not exactly good for you and won't help you lose weight if you eat it!!

If you're REALLY that unhappy about yourself here's my advice to you:

GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF CONSTANTLY BITCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat better, join a gym, go for a walk, get some excercise - make an effort!!! If you don't want to get off your ass and make the effort I don't want to listen to you bitch and complain about being fat!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Hear Hear! Good luck on the weight watchers - I'm doing it too, and it's slow going, but really works. I have been on it (for the 4th time) since April and have lost 15 - like I said - slowly.